DALLAS, TX - Over a three-day, two-state state stretch, Caltech posted three conecutive wins with the 72-hour period culminating on Monday as they posted a 7-2 victory over UT-Dallas.
Furthermore, the Beavers have won five of their last six matches. Caltech's record stands at 8-4. With three more team wins the Beavers will tie the school record for most wins in a season.
Taking advantage of short-handed Comets squad, the Beavers split two of the contested doubles matches and won a third via a forfeit.
Holding a 2-1 advantage heading into singles action, the Beavers made quick work of their opponents. Monica Li dropped just won game en route to her ninth win of the season. Jenny Sheng won her team leading 10th match of the year with a 6-1, 6-1 tally at the third singles spot.
The match marked the final non-conference match of the 2014 campaign. Caltech begins their final stretch of matches on Friday when they travel to Pomona-Pitzer.
Caltech 7, Texas-Dallas 2
1. Casey Johnson (UTD) def. Rebekah Kitto (CALTECHW) 6-2, 6-1
2. Monica Li (CALTECHW) def. Cindy Tim (UTD) 6-0, 6-1
3. Jenny Sheng (CALTECHW) def. Jean Jean Gwo (UTD) 6-1, 6-1
4. Michelle Lee (CALTECHW) def. Katie Purdum (UTD) 6-0, 6-2
5. Michelle Tang (CALTECHW) def. Kelly Reed (UTD) 6-2, 4-6, 10-4
6. Sophia Chen (CALTECHW) def. No player (UTD), by forfeit
1. Casey Johnson/Cindy Tim (UTD) def. Jenny Sheng/Rebekah Kitto (CALTECHW) 8-4
2. Michelle Lee/Monica Li (CALTECHW) def. Jean Jean Gwo/Katie Purdum (UTD) 8-1
3. Sophia Chen/Valerie Pietrasz (CALTECHW) def. No player/No player (UTD), by forfeit