CLAREMONT, CA - The Beavers won their second straight match, and fourth in their last five, by sweeping Hardin-Simmons 9-0 on Wednesday evening.
Caltech got off on the right foot by sweeping the three doubles point as they dropped just 12 games.
After winning the first set 6-4 at the No. 4 singles spot, Michelle Lee was forced to a decisive set as she dropped the second frame 7-5. However, the junior rebounded to win the 10-point super tiebreak.
The neutral site match was hosted by fellow SCIAC foe ClaremontMuddScripps.
Caltech puts their winning way on the line with a Friday afternoon non-conference match against Vassar at 3:00 p.m.
Caltech 9, Hardin Simmons 0
1. Rebekah Kitto (CALTECHW) def. Genene Haddad (HSC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Monica Li (CALTECHW) def. Hannah Smith (HSC) 6-1, 6-1
3. Jenny Sheng (CALTECHW) def. Jenna Smith (HSC) 6-1, 6-1
4. Michelle Lee (CALTECHW) def. Jasmine Briant (HSC) 6-4, 5-7, 10-4
5. Michelle Tang (CALTECHW) def. Alynna Phouthakhio (HSC) 6-2, 6-0
6. Sophia Chen (CALTECHW) def. Kacie Berutti (HSC) 6-0, 6-2
1. Rebekah Kitto/Monica Li (CALTECHW) def. Genene Haddad/Kacie Berutti (HSC) 8-6
2. Jenny Sheng/Michelle Lee (CALTECHW) def. Hannah Smith/Jenna Smith (HSC) 8-3
3. Valerie Pietrasz/Sophia Chen (CALTECHW) def. Alynna Phouthakhio/Jasmine Briant (HSC) 8-3