PASADENA, CA - The Caltech women's tennis team completed a perfect weekend by topping Arizona Christian 7-2 on Sunday afternoon.
Less than 24 hours ago, the Beavers posted a win over Biola in helping Caltech start the season 3-0. It's the best start for the program since the 2000 season when they won their first four matches.
On Sunday the Beavers started their team victory by winning four of the six singles matches in straight sets. Monica Li and Rebekah Kitto combined to drop just one game at No. 1 and No. 2 singles respectively.
Heading into doubles play and needing just one point to clinch the match, the Beavers swept the three doubles match in aiding in their team win.
Caltech heads into SCIAC play next with a match against Cal Lutheran on Friday afternoon in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Tennis Match Results
Caltech vs Arizona Christian
02/24/2013 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Caltech 7, Arizona Christian 2
1. Monica Li (CALTECH) def. TRINK, Jessica (ACU) 6-0, 6-0
2. Rebekah Kitto (CALTECH) def. LOPEZ, Brianna (ACU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Stephane Kwan (CALTECH) def. SOUVIGNE, Lea (ACU) 7-5, 6-1
4. ANAYA, Julia (ACU) def. Michelle Lee (CALTECH) 2-6, 6-4, 6-0
5. Jessica Yeung (CALTECH) def. ALS, Taylor (ACU) 6-1, 6-0
6. LEVIN, Tiffany (ACU) def. Michelle Tang (CALTECH) 6-4, 6-1
1. Rebekah Kitto/Monica Li (CALTECH) def. TRINK, Jessica/SOUVIGNE, Lea (ACU) 8-1
2. Michelle Lee/Valerie Pietrasz (CALTECH) def. LEVIN, Tiffany/LOPEZ, Brianna (ACU) 8-5
3. Jessica Yeung/Stephane Kwan (CALTECH) def. ALS, Taylor/ANAYA, Julia (ACU) 8-5
Arizona Christian 5-6
Official: N/A T-3:21 A-37