PASADENA, Calif. – The Kenyon women's tennis team grinded out a 5-4 win over Caltech on Sunday afternoon at the Braun Tennis Courts.
The Lords, who came into the match ranked 12th in the central region, won two of the three doubles matches to take control of the match heading into singles play.
Kenyon posted straight set wins at the No. 2, 4 and 6 positions to seal the team match.
Caltech tallied victories at the No. 1 singles positions as Rebekah Kitto stayed undefeated through the first five matches. Stephanie Kwan won a thrilling three-set match at the No. 3 singles slot. Michelle Lee won the last singles match on court with a 6-2, 7-6 (8-6) win in the fifth position.
Tennis Match Results
Kenyon vs Caltech
03/04/2012 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Kenyon 5, Caltech 4
1. Rebekah Kitto (CIT-W) def. Amy Schlessmann (KENYON) 6-3, 6-2
2. Amanda Polster (KENYON) def. Jessica Yu (CIT-W) 6-0, 6-2
3. Stephanie Kwan (CIT-W) def. Lydia Winkler (KENYON) 2-6, 6-4, 11-9
4. Carly Bond (KENYON) def. Wubing Ye (CIT-W) 6-2, 6-3
5. Michelle Lee (CIT-W) def. Samantha Betts (KENYON) 6-2, 7-6 (8-6)
6. Stephanie White (KENYON) def. Jessica Yeung (CIT-W) 6-2, 6-1
1. Amanda Polster/Amy Schlessmann (KENYON) def. Rebekah Kitto/Jessica Yu (CIT-W) 8-5
2. Lydia Winkler/Samantha Betts (KENYON) def. Stephanie Kwan/Wubing Ye (CIT-W) 8-5
3. Jessica Yeung/Michelle Lee (CIT-W) def. Annan Becker/Abigail Younger (KENYON) 8-6
Kenyon 4-2; Regional ranking #12
Official: N/A T-4:01 A-51