|Hometown:||Thousand Oaks, CA|
As a First Year (2012-2013)
Averaged more than four points a game…Had 25 assists in 25 starts for the Beavers… Had season highs in minutes (39) and points (13) in Caltech’s Feb. 16th game against Whittier, in which she went 4-10 for the field, 4-7 from the line and hit a three-pointer…Had five or more points in nine different games…Dished two or more assists six times.
Member of the basketball and volleyball teams in high school...Scoholar athlete...Named to the All-Academic 2nd team in Ventura County for basketball...Named to the Westlake Inivitational All-Tournament team...Averaged 12 points per game as a guard on the basketball team...She was a Libero for the volleyball team
Undeclared major...Lists her activities as basketball, volleyball, sleeping, snowboarding, and playing the piano...Her best athletic achievement was upsetting the number one seeded team in my high school league on senior night...Her favorite team is the Los Angeles Clippers and her favorite athlete is Kevin Durant...Played for Triple Threat Basketball in Woodland Hills, CA...Her biggest influences have been her family and friends...Daughter of Huann Mei and Yuhfeng...Has an older brother named David
Getting to Know ...
1. If time travel were possible, would you travel into the future or into the past?
I would travel one hundred years into the future because I would like to see how technology has advanced and how medicine has changed during this time period.
2. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try? I would like to try being a veterinarian because that was my dream occupation as a child.
3. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? twirl a pen around my thumb. Many people here at Tech can do it but I still need some work before I can stop dropping my pen every three seconds.
4. If you had to describe yourself as a flavor, what would it be? cookie dough because it has the classic vanilla ice cream with an unexpected twist.
5. What animal would you be? I would be a tiger because they are really majestic creatures that can go from playful to deadly in a blink of an eye.
6. Are you Wind, Earth, fire or water? I am water because water can go from serene and calm to destructive and unpredictable..
7. Other than basketball, what is the most exciting sport for you to watch and why? I really enjoy watching gymnastics because it is such as artful sport and you never know what is going to happen. It is easy for gymnasts to lose their balance and fall, but it is amazing to see their concentration and willpower.
8. If you were burying a time capsule that would not be discovered for at least 100 years, what three items would you put in it to tell the future what your life was like? A photo of my family and me (including my cat!), a pipette, and a basketball.
9. What do you think the greatest contribution to science has been in your lifetime? The construction and completion of the Large Hadron Collider and the discovery of the Higgs Boson.
10. What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of? Earning the Girl Scout Gold Award my senior year of high school was an accomplishment I am extremely proud of because I have been a Girl Scout since first grade and twelve years later, I finally earned the highest possible honor a Girl Scout can receive.
11. Do extraterrestrials exist? Extraterrestrials do exist because there are so many planets/bodies in the universe that the possibility of life existing elsewhere is extremely high.
12. What is your guilty pleasure that most people would be surprised to know you enjoyed? If I am bored or I have free time I will take a nap because I like to be caught up on my sleep.
13. What is the song you know by heart that forces you to turn up the radio whenever you hear it playing? Count on Me by Bruno Mars
14. What class have you taken you were sure you’d hate but ended up enjoying ? Freshman chemistry because I did not enjoy chemistry in high school but this class turned out to be really interesting and useful, especially when taking organic chemistry.
15. Why did you pick the major you are studying? I picked bioengineering because I always enjoyed learning about biology growing up, but I was really interested in the building aspect of an engineer. As a bioengineer, I would want to work in a lab and design biological systems.