|High School:||The Potomac School|
Coach's Comments: "Gianmarco consistently competed at a high level in high school and we're fortunate to have him join us."
Track & Field
- 800m: 2:01.92 at Pomona-Pitzer Invitational
- 1500m: 4:21.05 at SCIAC Multi-DUal #1 (vs. CLU, Oxy at ULV)
- 5th on team at Redlands Invite (19:43)
- 9th on team at Biola Invitational (29:20.76)
- 3rd on team at SCIAC Multi-Duals (28:03.67)
- 5th on team at Pomona-Pitzer Invitational (28:05.61)
- 8th on team at SCIAC Championships(29:18.29)
- 5th on team at NCAA West Regionals (28:50.60)
Research and STEM activities
Assembled protein-infused membranes and tested their viability as water purification membranes with Patrick Saboe and Yuexiao Shen in the Kumar Lab of the Chemical Engineering Department at Penn State University...Reached the semifinals of the 2016 Intel Research Competition for his work on desalination...A regional finalist in the Junior Science and Humanities Symposium.
Prior to Caltech
Placed third in the Outdoor Nationals as member of DMR...Placed seventh at Virginia Division I State Championships as a senior...School record-holder in the indoor 800m and 1000m and outdoor DMR and SMR...Named All-State in cross country...Named All-League in both cross country and track...Team captain as a senior...National Merit finalist...A National AP Scholar...Escuela Argentina Valedictorian...Grand Concours Gold medalist.
Born in Washington, D.C....Son of Marco and Maria.