PASADENA, CA - The Pacific Lutheran men's tennis team pulled out a 6-3 win over Caltech on Saturday afternoon.
The Lutes took two of the three doubles matches to start the match. The visitors posted straight set wins at the No. 1 singles match as well as the four through six matches in tallying the team win.
Caltech got wins during singles play from Rushikesh Joshi and Luka Mernik. Joshi posted his third singles win the season at the No. 2 spot while Mernik notched his team best fourth win at the third singles spot.
The Beavers also got a point from the top doubles spot as Mernik and Devashish Joshi won 8-4.
Caltech entertains perennial national power Middlebury on Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m.
Tennis Match Results
Pacific Lutheran vs Caltech
03/23/2013 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Pacific Lutheran 6, Caltech 3
1. Jason Bower (PLU) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECHM) 6-2, 6-1
2. Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) def. Luke Olson (PLU) 6-3, 6-0
3. Luka Mernik (CALTECHM) def. Sam Angel (PLU) 6-1, 6-3
4. Mitch Yannello (PLU) def. Amol Kamat (CALTECHM) 6-3, 6-2
5. Taylor Dickey (PLU) def. Alex Henny (CALTECHM) 6-0, 6-1
6. Jake Yannello (PLU) def. JD Co-Reyes (CALTECHM) 6-2, 6-3
1. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECHM) def. Sam Angel/Luke Olson (PLU) 8-4
2. Jason Bower/Taylor Dickey (PLU) def. Ishan Mehta/Amol Kamat (CALTECHM) 8-2
3. Mitch Yannello/Jake Yannello (PLU) def. Dylan Schultz/Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) 8-4
Official: N/A T-3:45 A-38