PASADENA, CA - RPI started well and rode that success to a 6-3 team win over Caltech on Friday afternoon.
The team match started with doubles first and RPI was able to win all three as they took a commanding lead into singles play.
Caltech was able to grab three victories during the one-on-one match-ups. Morgan Lebby continued his strong first-year with a 6-2, 6-4 win at the No. 6 singles match.
Two other first-year players had success during their singles matches as both Ruthwick and Sathwick Pathireddy posted three-set wins. Sathwick won 3-6, 6-0, 10-3 at the No. 3 singles slot while Ruthwick also cameback to record a 3-6, 6-3, 10-8 win in the fourth position.
Those three first-years for Caltech have won 18 of their 24 singles matches.
Friday's match marked the last match for the next as Caltech finishes the winter term with finals.
RPI 6, Caltech 3
1. Matt LaBarre (RPI) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-0
2. Jarrett Regier (RPI) def. Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECH) 6-4, 6-0
3. Sathwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) def. Brandon Maazara (RPI) 3-6, 6-0, 10-3
4. Ruthwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) def. McKinley Grimes (RPI) 3-6, 6-3, 10-8
5. Anthony Kim (RPI) def. Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 6-3, 6-2
6. Morgan Lebby (CALTECH) def. Andrew Vorbrodt (RPI) 6-2, 6-4
1. Jarrett Regier/Brandon Maazara (RPI) def. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 8-3
2. Matt LaBarre/McKinley Grimes (RPI) def. Sathwick Pathireddy/Ruthwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) 8-4
3. Anthony Kim/Graham Harris (RPI) def. Rushikesh Joshi/Morgan Lebby (CALTECH) 8-6