INDIAN WELLS, CA - The desert suited the men's tennis team just fine as Caltech swept Linfield on Friday afternoon at Ranch Mirage Resort.
The Beavers dominated their foes from the Northwest Conference. Caltech dropped just 11 games during singles play in the 9-0 victory.
Of significant note for Caltech's No. 1 singles player Devashish Joshi; the senior posted his first singles win since his first-year with the program. The senior has played all 55 matches at the top spot and playing countless nationally ranked foes, Joshi put himself in the win column with a 6-2, 6-1 win.
The rest of his teammates followed the captains lead during singles play as Caltech moved above the .500 mark after five matches.
During doubles play Caltech swept the Wildcats in convincing fashion to produce the win.
The Beavers are right back at it tomorrow as they face George Fox at 2:00 p.m.
Caltech 9, Linfield 0
1. Devashish Joshi (CALTECH) def. Micah Roos (LINFIELD) 6-2, 6-1
2. Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECH) def. Kelsey Rosborough (LINFIELD) 6-1, 6-3
3. Sathwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) def. Lukas Kleinman (LINFIELD) 6-1, 6-0
4. Ruthwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) def. Tim Hawkins (LINFIELD) 6-2, 6-0
5. Morgan Lebby (CALTECH) def. Nick Konen (LINFIELD) 6-0, 6-0
6. Alex Henny (CALTECH) def. Alex Wisthoff (LINFIELD) 6-0, 6-1
1. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECH) def. Lukas Kleinman/Kelsey Rosborough (LINFIELD) 8-6
2. Ruthwick Pathireddy/Sathwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) def. Tim Hawkins/Micah Roos (LINFIELD) 8-2
3. Rushikesh Joshi/Morgan Lebby (CALTECH) def. Nick Konen/Alex Wisthoff (LINFIELD) 8-2