Tigers Record 8-1 Win Against Caltech
PASADENA, CA - The Occidental men's tennis team recorded an 8-1 win over Caltech on Friday afternoon.
The Tigers drooped just five games en route to sweeping the doubles points.
Occidental took four of the six singles matches in straight sets as they posted their seventh team win of the season.
Caltech got solid singles plays from Alex Henny and Luka Mernik. Henny won his third match of the season as they first-year posted a 6-4, 7-5 win at the No. 4 singles position. Mernik won the first set at the No. 3 singles spot but couldn't hold the momentum as he fell in a three-set match.
The Beavers continue SCIAC play with a match against Pomona-Pitzer on Saturday.
Tennis Match Results
Occidental College vs Caltech
04/05/2013 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Occidental College 8, Caltech 1
1. Stephen Perkins (OXYM) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECHM) 6-0, 6-0
2. Jordan Brown (OXYM) def. Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) 7-5, 6-1
3. Kevin Siebs (OXYM) def. Luka Mernik (CALTECHM) 4-6, 6-2, 10-5
4. Alex Henny (CALTECHM) def. Kevin Zhao (OXYM) 6-4, 7-5
5. Avery Howard (OXYM) def. Amol Kamat (CALTECHM) 6-1, 6-2
6. Jesse Kreger (OXYM) def. JD Co-Reyes (CALTECHM) 6-2, 6-1
1. Stephen Perkins/Kevin Siebs (OXYM) def. Luka Mernik/Devashish Joshi (CALTECHM) 8-2
2. Kevin Zhao/Jordan Brown (OXYM) def. Amol Kamat/Ishan Mehta (CALTECHM) 8-1
3. Avery Howard/Jesse Kreger (OXYM) def. JD Co-Reyes/Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) 8-2
Occidental College 7-7, 1-1; Regional ranking #12
Caltech 0-15, 0-4
Official: Randy Johnson T-2:49 A-39