Spring Homestand Concludes with 8-1 Loss to Pacific
PASADENA, CA - The Caltech men's tennis team concluded their spring break homestand with an 8-1 setback against Pacific (OR) on Wednesday afternoon.
It was the last match of a stretch where the Beavers played five matches in five days.
Pacific opened the match by taking the three doubles points. The visitors won at No. 2 and No. 3 by dropping a combined five games. At the No. 1 doubles spot a tight match ensued. Neither squad held a two-game lead during the tense affair. The duo of Giancarlo Battaglia and Troy Zuroske eventually won the match in a tiebreaker.
The Boxers won five of the six singles matches in straight sets to secure the team win.
Tennis Match Results
Pacific (Ore.) vs Caltech
03/26/2013 at Pasdaena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Pacific (Ore.) 8, Caltech 1
1. Battaglia, Giancarlo (PAC) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECHM) 6-1, 6-4
2. Zuroske, Troy (PAC) def. Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) 6-4, 6-1
3. Suklje, Alen (PAC) def. Luka Mernik (CALTECHM) 6-4, 6-2
4. Schlack, Brandon (PAC) def. Alex Henny (CALTECHM) 6-1, 6-2
5. Amol Kamat (CALTECHM) def. Kyaw, Brian (PAC) 3-0, retired
6. Wong, Kolin (PAC) def. JD Co-Reyes (CALTECHM) 6-0, 6-2
1. Battaglia, Giancarlo/Zuroske, Troy (PAC) def. Luka Mernik/Devashish Joshi (CALTECHM) 9-8 (7-0)
2. Suklje, Alen/Wong, Kolin (PAC) def. Amol Kamat/Ishan Mehta (CALTECHM) 8-2
3. Bulling, Lorne/Kyaw, Brian (PAC) def. Dylan Schultz/Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) 8-3
Pacific (Ore.) 6-8
Official: N/A T-3:29 A-27