PASADENA, CA - Arizona Christian posted a 6-3 win over Caltech in a non-conference men's tennis match-up on Sunday afternoon.
The Firestorm started the match on the right foot by winning at the No. 1 and No. 2 doubles spots heading into singles play.
Arizona Christian continued their momentum in singles action as they won the No. 1 through No. 4 matches.
Caltech's Alex Henny won at No. 5 singles without dropping a game. The first-year has won two of his last three singles matches.
Tennis Match Results
Arizona Christian vs Caltech
02/24/2013 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Arizona Christian 6, Caltech 3
1. BARNETT, Andrew (ACU) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECHM) 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
2. GLESSING, Ian (ACU) def. Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) 6-0, 6-3
3. CAWTHORNE, Tyler (ACU) def. Luka Mernik (CALTECHM) 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
4. MUNGUIA, Michael (ACU) def. Amol Kamat (CALTECHM) 6-0, 6-1
5. Alex Henny (CALTECHM) def. LEU, Geoffrey (ACU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Brian Kim (CALTECHM) def. No player (ACU), by forfeit
1. GLESSING, Ian/BARNETT, Andrew (ACU) def. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECHM) 8-1
2. MUNGUIA, Michael/CAWTHORNE, Tyler (ACU) def. Amol Kamat/Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) 8-6
3. JD Co-Reyes/Ishan Mehta (CALTECHM) def. No player/No player (ACU), by forfeit
Arizona Christian 4-7
Official: N/A T-3:32 A-32