PASADENA, CA - The Biola men's tennis did just enough to post a 5-4 win over Caltech on Friday afternoon.
The Eagles took what proved to be a pivotal points in the match as they won two of the three doubles matches. Biola won the first two double matches but Caltech stayed in the match with a 9-8 (5) win at the No. 2 doubles spot as Amol Kamat and Rushikesh Joshi prevailed.
Joshi continued that momentum with a straight sets win at the No. 2 singles match. It was his second consecutive singles win. Luka Mernik tallied a 6-3, 6-4 win at the third singles slot.
Alex Henny prevailed in straight sets at the fifth singles position. It was the first win of the season for the first-year.
Biola won straight set matches at No. 1, No. 4 and No. 5 singles to ensure themselves of the team win.
Tennis Match Results
Biola vs Caltech
02/15/2013 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Biola 5, Caltech 4
1. David Mossman (BIOLA) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECHM) 6-2, 7-5
2. Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) def. Isaiah Pekary (BIOLA) 7-5, 6-3
3. Luka Mernik (CALTECHM) def. Brandon Chang (BIOLA) 6-3, 6-4
4. Chris Evans (BIOLA) def. Amol Kamat (CALTECHM) 6-4, 6-4
5. Alex Henny (CALTECHM) def. Greg Cobain (BIOLA) 7-5, 6-2
6. Rodic Pence (BIOLA) def. Brian Kim (CALTECHM) 6-1, 6-3
1. Isaiah Pekary/David Mossman (BIOLA) def. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECHM) 8-4
2. Amol Kamat/Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECHM) def. Chris Evans/Greg Cobain (BIOLA) 9-8 (7-5)
3. Rodic Pence/Brandon Chang (BIOLA) def. JD Co-Reyes/Ishan Mehta (CALTECHM) 8-5
Official: N/A T-3:09 A-27