California Institute of Technology
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
Official Mission Statement
To increase visibility of intercollegiate athletics to the greater Caltech community as well as encourage community support in athletics. Also to promote communication between the varsity sport teams and athletic administration.
1. Meetings once a month or as needed with SAAC reps and Advisor. Athletic department administrators may attend.
2. Promote one athletic event for each sport.
3. The Caltech SAAC officers will represent Caltech at the conference level
4. Organize and carry out at least one community service project per term involving Caltech athletes in general or members of the SAAC
5. Elect chair or co-chairs, vice-chair, and secretary.
Coaches who have graduating senior SAAC reps need to submit the names of their new representatives to the SAAC Liaison at the end of the academic year.
Athletic Department Liason: Angel Mason, Asst. AD
Previous News --
May 10, 2012 -- 2012 All-Sports Awards
May 27, 2011 - 2011 All-Sports
April 22, 2010 - SAAC Works With Youngsters on Take Our Children to Work Day
April 9, 2009 - Beavers Look to Retain SCIAC Crown for Re-Use A Shoe program.
June 2008- The Caltech Student Athlete Advisory Committee took the lead and won the SCIAC 2008 SCIAC SAAC annual contest to collect shoes. Between the months of January and May, the Beavers collected 240 lbs. of worn-out athletic shoes. These shoes will be used by the NIKE Corporation in their Nike ReUSE A SHOE program. Old sport shoes are ground up and used to construct playgrounds. A special note of THANKS! to all those Caltech Community members that donated their tired old shoes to this wonderful cause.